November 1, 2009

Good Evening

Alright, so I've been impressed into service as this blog's curmudgeon-in-residence. I don't really drink wine, except occasionally when I am eating a nice meal and it is around. However, I do appreciate that it is one of the most historic and prestigious beverages to ever be stomped upon by a bunch of barefoot women.

With that in mind, I plan to carry the mantle of wine blogger with pride and with prejudice. Lots and lots of prejudice.

So consider this my formal introduction, my esteemed wine-blog readers. I am Raphael and I hope, through my posts, to build a powerful bond between us, a bond based not only on my incisive wit and profound musings, but also on your laughter and awe.

In closing, I shall consider it my duty to remain upon the Web pages of this blog dedicated to truth, justice, and the American Way. In that spirit, I know I must be vigilant. For as it is written in Proverbs, 20:1, "Wine is a mocker, strong drink is raging: and whoever is deceived thereby is not wise."

Let it be said, then, that wine was not a mocker of me, but me a mocker of wine.

Amen.

1 comment:

  1. "And Noah began to be an husbandman, and he planted a vineyard. And he drank of the wine, and was drunken; and he was uncovered within his tent." — Genesis 9:20-1

    ReplyDelete