January 29, 2010

Dry Riesling from Thai Market

Today I drank some dry riesling at Thai Market. That shit was dry like Oscar Wilde, but it didn't make me laugh much. I guess this wine is like German or whatever, which makes for an unexpected pairing with my spicy chicken and peppers and stuff but not in a "together we're better!" sort of way as much as a "Edward Said wasn't kidding about the East-West divide" sort of way. I'm an anthropology major obviously so this wasn't some kind of sick cultural experiment to try "bringing together otherness." I was actually looking for something nobody had blogged about, and now I know that there are some things best left not blogged about. And to be sure, this is a lesson to be learned by so many out there. And so, my friends, I pass this lesson along to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment